Top Ten Signs You've Covered Too Much Spot News
10) Like Pavlov's dog, you instantly wolf down whatever food is front of you at the merest squawk of a walkie-talkie.
9) You've been to more bus wrecks than ballgames.
8) You judge smoke plumes by viscosity, debris fields by style and inner city stand-offs by their proximity to affordable buffets.
7) You've been berated by folks wearing pajamas in every county your station covers.
6) More than once you've nearly plowed into your spouse's car as you roared out of your driveway en route to some stranger's midnight collision.
5) You've chased a competitor's live truck to a breaking news scene you didn't even know existed.
4) As soon as the assignment guy starts rattling his maps, you stop drop and roll your ass out of the newsroom.
3) You've cat-napped by a lake as men in dinghies dragged it.
2) You've conned your way past whole generations of volunteer firefighters.
And the number one sign you've covered too much spot news....
1) You're reading this in a building with a row of satellite dishes out back.