Editors Note:

EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Birth of the Blogcaster

Via the most excellent portal Lost Remote, news of a Nashville TV station hiring a full-time blogger.

WKRN has hired long-time blogger Brittney Gilbert to bring her considerable skills to their already impressive web presence. This excites me on a number of levels, not the least of which is opportunistic. Currently, TV station websites vary from the grinning postcard to the encyclopediac broadcast atlas. Where the local blogeratti figures into all this is still being formed. With Gilbert's hiring WKRN places their station at the forefront of this movement. I'll be eagerly reading her dispatches, curious to see how she'll meld her punk rock verve into the Nashvile affilliate's station mantra. Now, how do I get a gig like that?


Colonel Corn's Camera said...

This may open up a whole new future for you.

The Colonel

Billy Jones said...

It may open up a whole new future for lots of people.

Smitty said...

Here is one of the driving forces behind the effort..

Terry Heaton.

I'm stoked about the possibilities that lie ahead.

Who's with me?

Rob said...

If you station sees the merit and follows suit great. If they don't tap you, how about me? ;-)

TS said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite

St Louis Cardinals BUFF said...

Ich war Aussehen für Dies. Uhren

Aber ich stimme überein, dass Sie sehr gutes Bloggen Talent haben

alena said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!