Hey, I'm all for steady employment but to be honest, I've been at El Ocho for about a decade longer than I planned to. How that happened is a long story, one involving children, crabgrass and a wife's steady paycheck. But who am I kidding? I love it here! And as long as The Suits let me cover the news sans meat-stick, I'll gladly hang out (until I hit the lottery/get a book deal/witness The Rapture.) Still, even we lifers gotta wonder if we've stuck around too long. Thus, I give you...
THE TOP 10 SIGNS YOU'VE WORKED IN YOUR CURRENT MARKET TOO LONG...
10) You know the competition's live trucks by their in-house nicknames.
9) You remember taking that manager lady out on her first story - when she was an intern.
8) You've got six generations of logowear hanging in your closet and you don't wear any of it.
7) By the time you learn the new reporter's name, it's time for his going away party.
6) You give directions based on decade old crime scenes.
5) Former colleagues keep up with their old station by following your blog.
4) You remember when this place had a travel budget.
3) All the local sheriffs know your name, but they still forget it whenever the hot new weather chick shows up on scene.
2) You've seen scores of coworkers come and go - and you actually miss a few of them!
AND THE NUMBER ONE SIGN YOU'VE WORKED IN YOUR CURRENT MARKET TOO LONG...
1) You write about it on the internet.