Top Ten Signs Your Station is Overdoing its Heatwave Coverage
10) The one guy still left in your Art Department spent the whole day rendering a seventeen second 'Exploding Sun' sequence - that will never air.
9) Worried their many reporter-photog teams were close to perishing in the midday sun, the managers got together and threw an ice cream party for the studio crew.
8) In a morning news satellite interview with Al Gore, the busty weather girl veered away from 'crazed sex poodle' talk long enough to ask a few questions about global warming.
7) The latest WeatherCenter promo looks like the egg-eating scene in Cool Hand Luke.
6) Officials with the local water park AND the nearby homeless shelter have taken out restraining orders against your field crews.
5) By replacing 'Apocalyptic Computer Glitch' with 'Spontaneous Pet Combustion', the Promotions Department people are pretty sure they can rework all those leftoverY2K pamphlets.
4) One of your more senior photogs got caught having carnal relations with the sat truck's air-conditioning vents.
3) The logo'd wifebeaters arrived!
2) The intern blamed for breaking the oversized prop thermometer was indeed forced to 'spend a night in the box'. Charges are pending.
And the Number One Sign Your Station is Overdoing its Heatwave Coverage...
1) Temps the Weather Pooch is sporting a new Brazilian.