Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Contents Under Pressure
Say what you will about the overheated scrum, but I do some of my best thinkin' while wedged between seven competitors and a fresh felon. As for what's on this guy's mind, I haven't the foggiest, but something about his determined countenance spoke to me long before I drained most of the color from this excellent Matt Ryan photograph. Sooo, without further adieu, allow me to project my own twisted missives on this total stranger's thought bubble in a little segment I call Contents Under Pressure...
5) Three more minutes before my battery dies. If that overly groomed worm from Station X asks this guy one more question, I'm kickin' em both in the nuts.
4) I've read the McRib is back - but for how long?
3) Seven different microphone flags present and I get the radio station's day-glow billboard in my shot. That's gonna cost me a good five minutes to pixelate.
2) I really should be paying close attention to what this dude is saying so I'll know what to tell the web guy when he calls in a minute to grill me -- SQUIRREL!
1) Perhaps that 64 ounce Slushee was a poor choice