Editors Note:

EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Contents Under Pressure

Technicolor Scrum
Say what you will about the overheated scrum, but I do some of my best thinkin' while wedged between seven competitors and a fresh felon. As for what's on this guy's mind, I haven't the foggiest, but something about his determined countenance spoke to me long before I drained most of the color from this excellent Matt Ryan photograph. Sooo, without further adieu, allow me to project my own twisted missives on this total stranger's thought bubble in a little segment I call Contents Under Pressure...

5) Three more minutes before my battery dies. If that overly groomed worm from Station X asks this guy one more question, I'm kickin' em both in the nuts.

4) I've read the McRib is back - but for how long?

3) Seven different microphone flags present and I get the radio station's day-glow billboard in my shot. That's gonna cost me a good five minutes to pixelate.

2) I really should be paying close attention to what this dude is saying so I'll know what to tell the web guy when he calls in a minute to grill me -- SQUIRREL!

1) Perhaps that 64 ounce Slushee was a poor choice

No comments: