As promised, Jeff Varner weighs in with one reporter's take on my most recent Top Ten list, Things I'd Teach Rookie Reporters. Please, no wagering...
1. Buy me lunch sometime. I don't make any money either.
2. If I buy you lunch, two words I expect your selfish ass to say -- THANK YOU!
2.5 I'll carry your sticks, if every now and then you leave them in the truck.
3. Speaking of sticks, if a great moment is breaking and I miss it because you're setting up a friggin' tripod, it's Hammerin' Time!
4. If you're nice to me, I'll set up a story at a swimsuit competition and request you.
5. On-cam divas suck. Behind-the-cam divas suck more.
6. Talk to me like I'm two and I'll tell that reporter you hate to work with that you love it when they tell you what to shoot.
7. After two hours of Sports Talk Radio, I'm touching the radio.
8. If I'd rather not be working one day, your sour ass disposition ain't gonna make it any better. Quit Yer Whining!
9. That cellphone vibrating your crotch as the perfect soundbite is about to rollout of a mouth needs to keep buzzing. Whispering "hello" in the middle of a soundbite next to a boom mic is rude and screws up those valuable nats you love so much.
10. I'll write to the video if you'll shoot what I want?