Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Surly Attitude Not Included...



JL's got his robots, but here's what I want in my Christmas stocking: a 12 inch war journalist action figure. Decked out in blue jeans and a sensible plaid, this swarthy lenslinger comes complete with betacam, body armour, laptop, digital camera and GPS. Hell, this molded piece of dashing plastic is better equipped than I am! The next time a GI Joe takes hostile fire outside the Barbie Princess Compound, this guy is ALL OVER IT! Ahem. Sorry, but the idea of a photog doll (er - action figure) fills me with joy, as I've always thought the Accesorized Toy Kingdom was under-represented by its Fourth Estate. Best of all, this bearded lenser is available on eBay! Extra hands included. Honestly, the only thing that would make this mini-me more realistic would be a string in back that when pulled would unleash a torrent of gripes, complaints and highly opinionated lunch suggestions. Add that and I'll order a truckload...

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Well damn, you better hop onto that auction...$99.99 elsewhere

http://tinyurl.com/o25o3

And there's even accessories!
http://tinyurl.com/7uyat

Now just if they had one for the surly geek who has to spend 8 hours reinstalling software after one of you decides to get a little too creative with the editor stations....

HockeyPat said...

Do any of his hands have king fu grip?

Wow, you can never have enough sets of hands.

beFrank said...

What? No sticks? I'll wait for the NPPA special edition.

David Boyd said...

Where's the M1?

RAFTERMAN: Well, it depends on the situation. I mean, I'm--I'm here to take combat photos. But if the shit gets too thick, I mean, I'll go to the rifle.

newshutr said...

Did anyone notice that it bears an eerie resemblance to Lenslinger???

robot said...

That's rad!