Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Smitty's On Call

I promise I'll cough up some original content in the coming posts, but for now check out the latest from Lights.. Camera.. Jackson! Smitty is on-call this week, a fact he discovered only when his telephone rang in the wee hours of the morning. Man, have I been THERE. What Smitty found once he rolled out of bed was common enough for a pre-dawn call, but it offers a quick tutorial of how spot news finds its way on-screen. Here's a hint: Magic pixies have nothing to do with it. That is all.

4 comments:

Billy Jones said...

Oh, how I feel Smitty's pain.

Smitty said...

Two plugs in a week from the King.. Preesh! I'm not worthy.

Did you read about the resurrection today?

Amen, brother.

Weaver said...

I've been on call all week and just found out today when the weekend on call list was mailed out.

Smitty said...

Last night I received another call.. To respond to a fatal fire.