Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Brace Yourself, Greensboro...

News Flash! The twisted circus that is the American Idol Audition process is coming to Greensboro! Memphis was the original location, but when that city went into Katrina Relief overddrive, Idol Producers wisely backed off. Now, through luck (and a little synergy) thousands upon thousands of karaoke champs and divas-in-waiting will invade the Gate City beginning October 2nd. Those in the area can expect no hotel rooms and busy restaurants, not to mention a roving army of delusional songbirds up and down High Point Road. For me, it means I haven't got to crawl into a pressurized tube to once again witness and record the madness of American Idol up-close. Stay Tuned...

(We now rejoin the previously scheduled plodding hurricane epic.)

9 comments:

Mr. Sun said...

May I have your attention, please.

I believe the children are our future, teach them well and blah blah blah blah blah, show them all the beauty blah blah blah blah blah.

I want to be your next American Idol, Slinger.

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Since nobody displaced by Hurricane Katrina wanted to come to the Greensboro Coliseum, WGHP strikes it rich with American Idol.

So with the Monday, October 3rd Tryouts only "hours" away, at what point does the FOX team camp out at the coliseum and bring us those much needed updates on the lines now forming. To heck with the other news, we want Idol News Now.

Lenslinger said...

Stand by for breathless reports from the coliseum floor. - Seachrest....OUT!

David Boyd said...

How many Fantasia guest-host appearances will they be able to work in? I'd say the over/under is 6.

Josh said...

Got outta there in the nick of time!

Zuki said...

I love your information on American Idol I bookmarked your blog and will be back soon. If you want, check out my blog on American Idol Exposed - please come by

kalisekj said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

Tito Maury said...

Hello Lenslinger, thanks for sharing this info. I've been looking everywhere to find info about american idol auditions to share with my readers at http://www.auditions.info-1.org/auditions/2/american-idol-auditions.html. Your post this post is great.

Anonymous said...

I find several sites on Auditions, hope everybody like me having the dream of being a star on day can get some useful information in that. Here is the list:
1.Auditions
2.Auditions
3.Auditions