Editors Note:

EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Photogifus Polyesterus

Check out the fellas. Have you ever seen a modder squad of hepcat photogs than this leisure suit set from mid-Seventies Scranton? I think not. Truly, I like EVERY-thing about this photo, from the retro film cameras to the garishly-striped News Pinto to the cocky look on that little Mr. Magoo dude second from the left. But this is just one shot from a treasure trove of dated newsgathering images on display at The WDAU-TV Review, a comprehensive sight lovingly assembled by one Carl Abraham. YOu don't have to be a flaming TV News geek like myself to enjoy this broadcast time-capsule, but it probably doesn't hurt. The hairstyles alone are worth the trip.


blogdollar2 said...

Hi, I like your blog!. I have a blog about used camper in ky.
Stop by and check it out sometime at used camper in ky

alena said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!