Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Up for Air

It's been a highly restorative few days, filled with family, seafood and funny hats. I find I have a talent for doing nothing, once I commit to the task. And I'm just getting started! So before I get back to my intense schedule of intensely inert activity, lemme poke around the photograsphere for a few quick seaside reads...

Colonel Corn takes his camera to a massive house-move and "fills her lens with two stories of wooden history." Along the way he discovers much about old-time detail, The Job and himself. An Most Excellent Report.

On the West Coast, befrank logs another boring day behind the news wheel, taking in-house meetings, local labor strikes, and a missing persons with a twist. Remember, beFrank never bores...

Closer to home, Weaver brings us the sad tale of a wayward canine and an old lady. Along with the rest of our correspondents, Weaver's reportage resembles the high-quality TV stories he's known for daily. I can hear him giggling in the edit bay now...

If, for whatever twisted reason, you wanted to know what it's like to be a TV news photographer, you could no better than these three random posts. What that does for humanity in the long run I don't know, but it makes for damn fine reading while the planet spins.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to drag all manners of crap to the shoreline.

4 comments:

Weaver said...

Ahhhh....Whatever would we do without coffee shops. Hope you are having a grand time!

Weav...

tapeguy said...

I'm envious...I'd love to be dragging who knows what to the sands of our coast right now...but alas, I've decided to join your blogging ranks..TAPE ROOM BLUES...sorry for the semi-theft of your title! Doug

Colonel Corn's Camera said...

Stew, thanks for the pat on the back. I knew you couldn't go the whole week without posting. Hope you have a beer in your hand.

The Colonel

HockeyPat said...

DOn't forget to turn over once in a while.