Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Most Daring Boneheads


Longtime readers may wonder why I'm trotting out the above clip again, but I got my reasons. Of all the flotsam I've stuck on-line, this video of a seemingly possessed truck bearing down on me and mine has proven most popular (fawning Chris Daughtry coverage not withstanding). The YouTube version of our mechanized near-deaths has been viewed a whoppping 317,786 times; it's worth visiting if only for the media-skewering comments that accompany it. Now, however, our mad dash has hit critical mass. TruTV - that bastion of placid programming - has included the clip in its newest episode of Most Daring Videos - DISASTER ON THE JOB!!! Complete with over the top narration and a few angles I've never seen before, TruTV producers pretty much get it right. They interviewed Barrier One president Michael Lamore - who does his best to explain why remote-controlled trucks are naturally attracted to tripod clusters. As for me, I'm just happy to see my friend Erik Liljegren again - even if he is all ass and elbows. I only wish TruTV would consider this disastrous clip. Now there's a backstory...

4 comments:

Wes said...

Somewhere in New Jersey, Liljegren is still running!

FlutePrayer said...

This is my favorite!

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I love it, too. Embedded and blogged about it as well.

Duff said...

That video is awesome. I could watch it all day and still be entertained.