Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Monday, May 21, 2007

Behind Every Good Photog...

Young Love
When I said we met as kids, I meant it! Here's proof: an early snapshot of me and my future bride back in the mid 80's - when we were just a pair of randy teenagers with era-appropriate haircuts. But just days after a stranger snapped this undated photo, boy lost girl. What can I say? She moved back to Virginia - then took off to college. I responded maturely enough by promptly ingesting everything unwise in sight, then defying all logic by joining the freakin' Navy. Forlorn and out to sea, Shelly rescued me, swooping back into my life just as I was trading in my dress blues for yet another budding mullet. A frenzied romance followed until this beguiling creature inexplicably agreed to marry me. That was seventeen years ago this week and I've been marveling at how lucky I got ever since. My wife...not so much.

4 comments:

photogguy said...

Very nice! Congratulations on your anniversary.

BTW...nice hair!

CindyGirl said...

Whoa! Steubers with a mullet!! Knowing you and your lovely wife, I'm sure she'd say the same about you. You are quite the pair! Bill and I have 14 years.. how DOES he put up with me? Congrats on your anniversary!

joey said...

awww... that's so sweet. i guess there really is a heart beating somewhere under that crochety facade.

rock on with your bad self!

Carolyn said...

Happy Anniversary, Stu and Shelley.