Editors Note:


EDITOR'S NOTE: Fresh off a three year managerial stint, your friendly neighborhood lenslinger is back on the street and under heavy deadline. As the numbing effects of his self-imposed containment wear off, vexing reflections and pithy epistles are sure to follow...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

We've Come a Long Way, Baby...

Stewart & Shelly, circa 1990
Indulge me, won't you - for there's a senior member of Team Lenslinger I simply must tell you about ... my lovely wife. Sixteen years ago today, I suckered this beguiling creature into holy matrimony and I've been grateful for her brief lapse of sound judgement ever since. We were mere children when we tied the knot - she an overachiever turned nursing student, me a derelict posing as a rookie photog. Together we had one good car, a mattress on the floor and no clue as to how free we were at the time. These days we got a bit more stuff, not to mention two headstrong girls who'd rather I not unearth too many old photos. Sorry ladies, but I had to find a (small) way to honor the woman who's insisted I be a better person all these many moons. For the past few years she's even done my half dozen faithful readers a solid by allowing me to sit up all hours of the night and babble on-line. For this and about a million other things, I'm eternally grateful - for I shudder to think where I'd be today had I not fallen under the direct influence of this incredible woman. Happy Anniversary, Shelly!

9 comments:

David Boyd said...

Take it from me, Slinger, it's a fortunate thing to be the less good-looking one in a relationship. Makes one think one has gotten a little something over on the man.

Congratulations.

Oh yeah, the guy from BJ and the Bear called, he'd like his persona back.

HockeyPat said...

Congratulations!!!

I said it at the wedding and I say it again….

If nothing of significance ever happened to Stewart again, he is still one of the luckiest guys I know.

Good Luck and here’s to 16 more years, even better than the last!

dustin. said...

Congrats to both of you! I believe a tall, cold glass of MMark and whatever is in order when you come down here.

turdpolisher said...

congrats,

it takes a special woman to put up with all the crap that goes with marring a newsman. it seems you found a keeper!

Colonel Corn's Camera said...

Stew, man you were soooo cool back then. No wonder the honor student fell for the bad boy. I bet her parents didn't like you when you guys started dating. Are you on speaking terms with her father after 16 years? Congrats and have many more.

Bluedog Photog said...

Hey Stew, I didn't realized we had the same aniversary date. Mine was one year later... May 18, 1991. Yep, we just celebrated 15 years! Congrats!

Smitty said...

Congrats to both of you! And thanks for sharing the pic.. Classic lenslinger-back-in-the-day-mullet-style.

Anonymous said...

I hope that your taking the wife out too dinner tonight. If you don't, that old greasy fold out matress here at the station will be put into use tonight.

Ingram

Jorge_Guapo said...

Congrats 'Slinger.
And I too dig the hair. It's almost a white-boy afro mullet.
Very nice.